"our flexible and responsive customer service and specialist construction skills"
"we can undertake all types of demolition, but are known for the most complex projects"
"our extensive practical experience and specialist training"
"industry-leading experience in the removal of asbestos and hazardous substances"
"major remediation projects have been undertaken at gasworks, mining facilities"
 

Asbestos and Hazardous Waste Removal - Housing NSW

Site Name:

Marian Dr Port Macquarie

Client :

Housing NSW

Overview:

Removal of Friable Asbestos to Fire Damaged House

Summary:

When a house containing asbestos cement sheeting is damaged by fire, the removal of asbestos must be treated as Friable, which is a highly dangerous state. In the case of Marian Dr Port Macquarie all friable and bonded asbestos was removed prior to the buildings demolition.

The removal of Friable asbestos requires the removalist company to hold an AS1 Friable Asbestos License, and a high standard of occupational health and safety must be adhered to.

While undertaking the removal of friable asbestos RMA created a "buffer zone" around the house using fencing, hazardous barrier tape and Asbestos signage. Along with this buffer zone the workers were required to wear the required PPE such as full face respirator, disposable coveralls, gloves, and safety boots. Air monitoring was also in place during the asbestos removal process.

All asbestos materials were removed including any building materials believed to be contaminated by asbestos fibres. The removed materials were wrapped in 200um thick plastic and then transported to an asbestos landfill.

Upon completion the occupational hygienist assessed the site and after satisfactory results a clearance certificate was issued. Only after this clearance certificate was issued could the demolition of the remaining structure begin.

Specialty:

Friable Asbestos Removal

Asbestos and Hazardous Waste Removal - Housing NSW

Friable Asbestos Removalist


Asbestos and Hazardous Waste Removal - Housing NSW

Fire Damaged House